Setia88 Shoplots

Glenmarie, Bukit Jelutong, Kota Kemuning, Setia Alam, Taman Chi Liung, Bukit Raja, Bandar Botanic..

Setia88 Shoplots

Postby Joink » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:12 am

http://setia88.com/

A brief low down on Setia Alam. 3 main townships; Bandar Setia Alam by PKNS, Setia Alam & Setia Eco Park by SP Setia. The main commercial area will be in the center of these 3 townships developed by SP Setia. The main commercial area consists of the Setia City Mall, Soho, office blocks & semi-D shoplots. Only the semi-D shoplots are for sale to the public & developed by SunSuria (going around 4-5m). The main commercial area is impressive but no conventional shoplots.

There are 2 other sub commercial areas where all the conventional shoplots are located.
- 1st is located down south-west of Setia Alam where the existing Tesco, Setia Avenue, Setia Prima, Starbucks, Maybank, Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut, CIMB, BSN, AmBank & Caltex are located. Gaint at the fringe of the township too. Current prices for Setia Prima 3 storey freehold are 1.6mil – 2mil. About 112 units. Rental for GF about 3k, 1st 1-1.2k & 2nd 1k. Setia Avenue is strata title. Prices & rental varies quite a fair bit. About 62 units but not really integrated with Setia Prima.
- 2nd will be this Setia88. Located up north of Setia Alam, in Bandar Setia Alam. Mainly for PKNS Bandar Setia Alam residents & surrounded by middle class flats making the potential population density quite high. 4 storey freehold with lift (2 units to a lift). From 1,788k. 50-100k discount. First phase launching now, 55 units. 2 more phases to go. Total 221 units with open carparks (not too sure how many bay), space for hypermarket & soho. Based on the demographic, this will carter for the lower end market of Setia Alam. The hypermarket should be Mydin knowing PKNS.

What’s your take on this? Lower end commercial centers can be quite wong sometimes.
Attachments
banner.jpg
Setia88
Joink
Super-Link
Super-Link

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Setia88 Shoplots

Postby EMYGHT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:24 am

not to discriminate, but at 1st glance, the word PKNS turns me off.. if it's below 1.5 mil, i may just spend some time to study it.. :tt2: i'll be glad to be proven wrong coz if this place can really make it given the price-point vs location, elsewhere in setia alam and klang may just have the same chansi of returns..
facebook me instead of PMs, 10QVM.. http://www.facebook.com/emyght
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby Joink » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 pm

EMYGHT wrote:not to discriminate, but at 1st glance, the word PKNS turns me off.. if it's below 1.5 mil, i may just spend some time to study it.. :tt2: i'll be glad to be proven wrong coz if this place can really make it given the price-point vs location, elsewhere in setia alam and klang may just have the same chansi of returns..

Hehehe….ur statement reminds me of the early remarks on DPC. The main issue with Klang commercials is poor residential to commercial ratio due to poor planning & integration. Back to the fundamental of supply, demand & finding the niche.

Same goes for Setia88. All depends whether the population density of Bandar Setia Alam is enough to substance this commercial center? If the answer is yes, then Setia88 is a safe. If the answer is no, then :death:
Joink
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby EMYGHT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:07 pm

Joink wrote:
EMYGHT wrote:not to discriminate, but at 1st glance, the word PKNS turns me off.. if it's below 1.5 mil, i may just spend some time to study it.. :tt2: i'll be glad to be proven wrong coz if this place can really make it given the price-point vs location, elsewhere in setia alam and klang may just have the same chansi of returns..

Hehehe….ur statement reminds me of the early remarks on DPC. The main issue with Klang commercials is poor residential to commercial ratio due to poor planning & integration. Back to the fundamental of supply, demand & finding the niche.

Same goes for Setia88. All depends whether the population density of Bandar Setia Alam is enough to substance this commercial center? If the answer is yes, then Setia88 is a safe. If the answer is no, then :death:

what are the chances of another 1 horse run, really? kekeke

like i said, if it's below 1.50 mil.. then mebbe worth spending some time on it..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby luk7 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:27 pm

I looked at this project initially, but like wat myty kor say, turned off when found out who is the dev.

This one really high risk IMHO
luk7
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby EMYGHT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 pm

luk7 wrote:I looked at this project initially, but like wat myty kor say, turned off when found out who is the dev.

This one really high risk IMHO

wohoo.. now we know 67 taikor is oso commercial kaki.. :think:

anw, commercial prop developers must have the "flair" for it.. unless it sells on location by itself, more often than not, the effort / planning and resources required is more challenging and niche, esp to create the market.. rather than heavily depending on external factors..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby Phoenix_142 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Just want to digress a bit by talking about setia alam in totality first.

1. Loosely speaking - half developed by Setia Homes (aka subsi of SPS). The other half developed by PKNS

2. I bought a PKNS product before, and boy did I suffer. Defects galore, and it was a painful experience for me.

3. I've only been to Setia Alam (SA) once, and i've studied their master plan again with great interest. And I bloody suffered trying to join it with the PKNS master plan (which is dem bloody poorly drawn)

4. Strangely enough - I noticed that the SPS DSLH 20 x 70, 18 x 65, 20 x 65 - is almost in equilibrium with PKNS's DSLH 20 x 70. e.g. Samania / Charisma / Gardenia phase commands only a slight premium over PKNS's Ayuklasik & Ayulestari. Just probing around the market - tells me that PKNS residential quality has improved - if not there won't be such close pricing parity with SPS.....Of course, the next step would be to study the residential hubs around Setia 88, to gain the additional comfort level.

5. Bottomline, agree that PKNS brand name leaves much to be desired.....but due to observations above - I wouldn't rule out Joink's commercial PKNS proposal just yet....
Phoenix_142
Semi-D
Semi-D

Postby Joink » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:33 pm

EMYGHT wrote:
Joink wrote:

like i said, if it's below 1.50 mil.. then mebbe worth spending some time on it..

You are absolutely right. It’s important to know the surrounding market like you mentioned but looking into not so well received projects have its merit. These projects give the average Joe a better fighting chansi against the big dragons in getting a good unit. Learned my lesson the hard way. Yes, the probability are very slim but there are some around apart from DPC. Examples:

- MK Verve Suites: Launching price was the highest in MK & the same as KLCC.
- Bdr Tun Hussien Onn Townpark: Launching price was the same as the more prominent Cheras areas.
- OKR Scott Garden: Launching price was the highest in OKR/Kuchai & the same as USJ Taipan.

Anyway, back to the topic. How are the existing PKNS commercials performing? Any examples?

Btw, not vested yet. Still doing research & we might have an interesting discussion here.

P.S - Sorry boss, starting price 1.7mil after discount.
Joink
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby EMYGHT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:46 pm

Joink wrote:
EMYGHT wrote:
Joink wrote:

You are absolutely right. It’s important to know the surrounding market like you mentioned but looking into not so well received projects have its merit. These projects give the average Joe a better fighting chansi against the big dragons in getting a good unit. Learned my lesson the hard way. Yes, the probability are very slim but there are some around apart from DPC. Examples:

- MK Verve Suites: Launching price was the highest in MK & the same as KLCC.
- Bdr Tun Hussien Onn Townpark: Launching price was the same as the more prominent Cheras areas.
- OKR Scott Garden: Launching price was the highest in OKR/Kuchai & the same as USJ Taipan.

Anyway, back to the topic. How are the existing PKNS commercials performing? Any examples?

Btw, not vested yet. Still doing research & we might have an interesting discussion here.

P.S - Sorry boss, starting price 1.7mil after discount.

for our passion in property, we won't totally discount everything.. that's how i got into klang.. but it has to come with a price, that we think worth the risk.. it may not be a comparative price, or relatively cheaper against immediate surrounding, guess it's back to "risk vs reward".. the software part is just too risky, need to fine-tune a beta version first, but there's none that can be tested at this moment.. PKNS is not the type that breaks barrier.., pretty much sums up our 1st intuition..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby EMYGHT » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Phoenix_142 wrote:Just want to digress a bit by talking about setia alam in totality first.

1. Loosely speaking - half developed by Setia Homes (aka subsi of SPS). The other half developed by PKNS

2. I bought a PKNS product before, and boy did I suffer. Defects galore, and it was a painful experience for me.

3. I've only been to Setia Alam (SA) once, and i've studied their master plan again with great interest. And I bloody suffered trying to join it with the PKNS master plan (which is dem bloody poorly drawn)

4. Strangely enough - I noticed that the SPS DSLH 20 x 70, 18 x 65, 20 x 65 - is almost in equilibrium with PKNS's DSLH 20 x 70. e.g. Samania / Charisma / Gardenia phase commands only a slight premium over PKNS's Ayuklasik & Ayulestari. Just probing around the market - tells me that PKNS residential quality has improved - if not there won't be such close pricing parity with SPS.....Of course, the next step would be to study the residential hubs around Setia 88, to gain the additional comfort level.

5. Bottomline, agree that PKNS brand name leaves much to be desired.....but due to observations above - I wouldn't rule out Joink's commercial PKNS proposal just yet....

my nearly encounter with PKNS-like was Anjung Sari..

had a chance for the choiced unit, but my mind was thrown spinning even further when the project was linked to the ex-tourism minister and the contractor blasting the rocks away was none other than Ho Hup at that time.. what a combination, phew.. not to mention about the majestic facade.. the price was the only saving grace was the still reasonable "price", given the location, overseeing parts of ecopark and nearer to setia mall..

time for some factual comnparison, back then..

intermediate, 22*75 (b/u 2,900 sqf) 499K
garden-end or corner, 44*75 (b/u 3,200 sqf) 699k
semi-D, kenot remember the size.. 1.12mil

comes with 2%-3% early birdie..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Next

Return to Shah Alam & Klang