Swiss Garden Resort Residence - Kuantan

All Other States Other Than FT, Selangor, Penang & Johor..

Swiss Garden Resort Residence - Kuantan

Postby butthead » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:23 am

There is a new resort development by PJD in Kuantan that will be managed by Swiss Garden group. Location is directly beside the current existing Swiss Garden hotel. Do you feel this is a good investment? They have mentioned about 8% returns subjected on performance of the resort.

The sizes of units are
1 room Studio - 492 -554sqft
2 rooms - 708 - 806sqft
Freehold

Price starts from like rm300k+. Yesterday, The star paper got an advert for it.

http://www.pjdprop.com.my/sgrr/index.php

Of course there is the problem on the issue of Lynas which could greatly effect this development/investment. I'm looking at currently for investment, and future as a holiday get away for retirement. They are having a booth at iproperty fair in Mid Valley this weekend. Will be dropping by to find out more. I welcome pro and con feedbacks from all sifus. Not familiar with investment in Kuantan as well as property that is managed as a resort.
butthead
Villa
Villa

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Swiss Garden Resort Residence - Kuantan

Postby budak_bagus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

do kuantan hotel market as hot as in KL or melaka?
of course lynas issue will give effect :gun:
budak_bagus
Studio

Postby Waterfish » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:10 am

Swiss Garden is doing quite ok there...even it is not located near to the touristm spot... still some driving distance there... definitely not as hot as those hotel around Teluk Cempedak.
Waterfish
Terrace
Terrace

Postby kochin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:11 am

hotel around teluk cempedak? think there's less than 5 with only 1 5 star hotel there.
the other hotels would be town centered.
and bulk of resorts are located at the cherating stretch for miles.
among the notable ones would be legend (but renamed liao), club med and swiss garden along this stretch.
swiss is the one nearer to city among the 3 with Club Med being the furthest. there's a great seafood restaurant near swiss. yummy!
think this project was launched many many moons ago. could even be last year. but the pricing do sound tempting. it's a unit and not room like those sold in melaka. kekeke.
do report back for sharing of information.
Any views/opinions presented in this forum are solely those of the author and do not necessarily representative of others. The author will not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of the information here.
kochin
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby butthead » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 am

kochin wrote:hotel around teluk cempedak? think there's less than 5 with only 1 5 star hotel there.
the other hotels would be town centered.
and bulk of resorts are located at the cherating stretch for miles.
among the notable ones would be legend (but renamed liao), club med and swiss garden along this stretch.
swiss is the one nearer to city among the 3 with Club Med being the furthest. there's a great seafood restaurant near swiss. yummy!
think this project was launched many many moons ago. could even be last year. but the pricing do sound tempting. it's a unit and not room like those sold in melaka. kekeke.
do report back for sharing of information.

The below are some the pros I see:-

- Close to city.
- Not many competitor, as I feel this would be slightly cheaper resort then the Swiss Garden hotel. Hence, for family definitely would be a hit.
- Cost of entrance is cheap compared to KV.

I too feel this development was launched long back. Didn't pay attention cause was busy collect ammo to fire at KV developments.

So far the con I see is the Lynas which is about 10km away straight line distance. Hence, it's pretty close. In event if an accident do happen, I would say it would effect at least 30-50km radius. So entire Kuantan and Gebeng town is pretty much screwed. Look at the radiation at Fukushima, Japan. Scientists already found butterflies and sea creatures effected by the recent radioactive accident from earthquake.

I still feel we are unable to manage any radioactive materials. We are definitely playing with fire. Anyway, I will find out more on this development and report back. But unlikely I will secure any unit. If without Lynas, I would definitely consider it.
butthead
Villa
Villa

Postby butthead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Found out more info on the project. It was launched Oct 2011. Sold 70% only. Remaining mainly 1 room studio and several 2 rooms unit.

1 room - starts from rm272k, maintenance rm245
2 rooms- starts from rm388k, maintenance rm295

Package:-
-All units fully furnished (all wear n tear covered by Swiss Garden)
-DIBS (from any bank as developer will reimburse the interest paid)
-Free SPA
-Lease back program for initial 3yrs to Swiss Garden (cover monthly installment) After 3 yr, owner can decide continue or not.
-1car park per unit ( total 355 car park lots, 265 units apartment excluding townvilla)
-Freehold

They did a projection based on 49% occupancy, after deduction 30% for maintenance, 15% Swiss Garden service fee, remaining 55% profit. Each 1 room studio can get back about rm1600 which can cover the monthly installment, same goes to 2 rooms will get something like rm2k+. Swiss garden club will transfer their members to this resort instead of placing them at the hotel.

Current progress is one wing at level 5 and the other at level 8. Progress is about 35%. Highest level is 10th floor, ground floor unit for some of the 2 rooms have got extra terrace court yard thing which is price at rm411k.

I'm still interested, but I'm hit by 70%LTV, which doesn't make sense for me to invest is such a cheap property. :lol: :mrgreen:
butthead
Villa
Villa

Postby butthead » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 am

yippygg421 wrote:I think instead of this project, you may consider another same project in Melaka too. Business centre Melaka, managed by Best Western, surrounded by Zoo Melaka, wonderland park, butterfly park, and etc..

guaranteed 7% return per annum, 2 years renewal ( 2+2+2+2+2).

http://plentifieldmarketing.com/the-project.html

Or, another project which I found not bad too, Tropika Beach Resort in Melaka, http://www.tropikagp.com.my/tropikaresort.html.

guarantee 6.5% return (1-6 years) , 7.5% return (7-9 years)

Thanks for the info. But beach along straits of malacca is like longkang water....hehehehe :mrgreen: Tropika Beach Resort photo rendering is very misleading, where got beaches along straits of malacca looking like that?
butthead
Villa
Villa

Postby butthead » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Would Lynas starting effect the pricing around Kuantan for long term?

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/mala ... n-october/
butthead
Villa
Villa

Return to Other States In Malaysia