Sentul - Potential or Bust?

Titiwangsa, Sentul, Setapak, Gombak, Taman Melawati, Jalan Ipoh, Jalan Genting Kelang..

Re: Sentul - Potential or Bust?

Postby HIM » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:57 pm

resident x wrote:What is the next exciting development in sentul?
Or none lol

Fennel or D2 perhaps?
HIM
Super-Link
Super-Link

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby HIM » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:09 pm

aidapras wrote:Edit: After reading the Capers thread at myrealestate, HIM taikor seems to have his opinions on Sentul. Hope he can drop in and give his 10 sen worth. :clap:

Hi aidapras,

Am not a taikor as you have claimed, just a ordinary humble servant of God, whom likes to invest in properties....... :wave:

Really need to salute you, to have put up a brilliant summary of Sentul developments here.

Back to the notion of this topic, my opinion might be biased as I am vested here, but I strongly believe in YTL execution in delivering value in their projects, as I had experienced before, particularly on the caps.

On the Fennel @ SE, the important factor here, will be the eventual launching price, if they would proceed with it in 2012......but looking at the current sentiments, very unlikely....... :(
HIM
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby aidapras » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:43 pm

HIM wrote:Really need to salute you, to have put up a brilliant summary of Sentul developments here.

Back to the notion of this topic, my opinion might be biased as I am vested here, but I strongly believe in YTL execution in delivering value in their projects, as I had experienced before, particularly on the caps.

On the Fennel @ SE, the important factor here, will be the eventual launching price, if they would proceed with it in 2012......but looking at the current sentiments, very unlikely....... :(

Bro HIM, I am but a young lad who is just dipping his water into this animal called Real Estate. I have a txt file with excerpts from discussion about Sentul from the Capers thread, I will try to compile the thoughts and post them here for archival and discussion.

Don't mind me asking, if bro HIM is into cap play without worry about yields, why not move to landed instead?

As for Fennel, I'm waiting on my info channels to give me some update on any indications regarding the project. Will update when I get more news.
aidapras
Terrace
Terrace

Postby aidapras » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:46 pm

resident x wrote:good discussion here on sentul keep it going....great insights
i also ALMOST vested in capers....almost....but at the end din go ahead..lucky me... :oops:
if not kena stucked in there

while we are saying better appreciation out there..saffron i believe did not do so badly? from 250psf to now 500psf???

sometimes we got to think of what the future buyers want, new living concept, tired of existing old house, proximity to town and etc

never say never, i have learn this a hard way

I would assume that the Saffron early buyers were taking a considerable risk, for one, and as bro Pai has shared with us there were other options at that time. I really don't believe that 'new living concept' is something someone buying a sub-RM300,000 property is looking for. This particular market segment would be more concerned about the dependable ol' factors to evaluate property: convenience, safety, and cost.
aidapras
Terrace
Terrace

Postby Phoenix_142 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:26 pm

coming back to the earlier posting on understanding the demographic profile of Sentul. Below are just some snippets from an article I read.

"The community of Sentul is mainly made up of railway workers and their families. Most of them opted to live in the few housing schemes available in the area. These ex-railway men mostly have become long-term residents that have settled in townships within Sentul such as Taman Datuk Senu and Bandar Baru Sentul. The businesses on Jalan Sentul, meanwhile comprise clinics, motorcycle repair shops, hardware stores and fastfood chains.

Culturally, Jalan Sentul hosts an array of religious institutions from Mosques, Hindu and Buddhist Temples, to Gurdwaras and Churches. In terms of education, there are many Kebangsaan, Chinese and Tamil schools. There is also a private school in Sentul.

The road system in many parts of Sentul needs to be improved to cope with the ever increasing amount of vehicles shuttling in and out of Sentul. Traffic during the early morning and late evening can be really bad. Many plots of land are occupied by squatters thus making it still under developed. Major improvement is needed in the scheduled bus services, upkeep of the Sentul market, and general cleanliness of DBKL flats, public areas and roads"
Phoenix_142
Semi-D
Semi-D

Postby EMYGHT » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:17 pm

which makes me think about the pre-bangsar.. the resemblence of railway workers from the ktm then, as primary settlers of an ex-rubber estate, the prevailing dbkl quarters, some of the flats etc. it took eng lian from the 70's, which is prolly by accidental without any planning, about 30 over years.. of coz we cannot compare the demographics, the dominant type of properties lying around and the turn of events..

sentul, wif proper planning and reasonable effort (and sense of urgency), i think may just happen.. the population, they say, u may just dillute them by steering a migration influx of the desired majority, sounds familiar? but question of when? anor 20 years from today's kick-start? what is the expected end-state?

m2c..
facebook me instead of PMs, 10QVM.. http://www.facebook.com/emyght
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby HIM » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:11 pm

aidapras wrote:Don't mind me asking, if bro HIM is into cap play without worry about yields, why not move to landed instead?

Landed prop are captured into my current RE portfolio, but only within my target areas, and within these areas, only subsale are available.

At the current newly launches offering, the location, product & pricing, I can't seem to find value in them....... :lol:
HIM
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby Pai » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:47 am

HIM wrote:Why I buy Capers @ Sentul East:-

1) I had made $$$ from Tamarind, Saffron, LakeEdge & Midfields (soon to be realise......)
2) I believe in YTL masterplan in SE & SW
3) My entry price, I can say, 1 of the lowest psf within Capers
4) Location, proximity to KL
5) MRT growth story, if any
6) Completion by end 2014

Within Sentul itself, yes I do agreed with Pai's comment on the issues highlighted and very much aware on the risk.

Like I say before, I only buy, within my target areas / developers and for now, my play in RE, the carry forward capital size, my focus is on the caps only, not on yield.

When I'm ready for yield play, think will channel the funds to commercial or industrial properties, after I hit 40.

Thus far, YTL properties, to me, has been serving me good.......

Boss, despite what being said about Sentul ............ YTL has delivered consistently great returns for its residential investors..........and that to me is the most important............ :thumbup:

Sometimes I wish I could abandon my cashflow principal and go purely after caps..............but got no balls............... :silent:
Pai
Villa
Villa

Postby mataseri » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:50 am

my first prop is rivercity. i didnt know back then. entry price was RM210psf in 2006 about 270k. i chose rivercity because of the distance to KLCC, near office and decent price for own stay.

upon VP it was 330k or 260psf. those who bought the second/third phase was not earning much caps in 2008. early 2011, lowyat announced to build carrefour next to rivercity. price move to 340-350psf. banks have opened branches - maybank, affin, HLB.

first few years, management sucks big time. lifts werent working well. now JMC took over. things are a lot better since.

tenant mix is very middle-middle class. no high flying expats. got a few african family around but negligible. but mostly iranians/iraqis families who escaped war in their country. a few college going indonesians.

sentul to me is very convenient place. near everything. in the morning, 30 minits sit at workstation already. crime has been relatively low but still exists. my neighbor's unit got broken into because he didnt lock the back gate tempat sidai baju.
mataseri
Studio

Postby HIM » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:18 am

Pai wrote:Boss, despite what being said about Sentul ............ YTL has delivered consistently great returns for its residential investors..........and that to me is the most important............ :thumbup:

Sometimes I wish I could abandon my cashflow principal and go purely after caps..............but got no balls............... :silent:

Taiko, don't be so humble la.......I believe RE play in cashflow requires more foresight and research than caps play...... :thumbup:
HIM
Super-Link
Super-Link

PreviousNext

Return to KL North-East