Best way to get rid of nasty tenants

Property Market Conditions, Investment Strategies, Sharing Your Experience, Latest Happenings..

Re: Best way to get rid of nasty tenants

Postby dariofoo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 am

hunter wrote:I have heard of one case that is more nasty...

The owner has long been in an argument with the tenant. The tenant default payments for 3 months
and never answer calls. The owner send harsh sms and threaten to lock the unit. Then the tenant
sms back to say he will leave within 3 days.

The best part came .....after 3 days the owner went to his unit and found out that the main door was unlock.
At first, everything seems okay, the living room, the dining hall all okay but when he visited the washroom
and kitchen, he got shock!!!

What happened was all the toilet bowls, sinks and drain in the kitchen and washroom was filled with cement...goshhhh!!!
The total bill of getting it fix far exceed the RM4.5k that i had to forgo.

Any case can be more nasty than this?

Your personal experience,mate? :)
dariofoo
Studio

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:41 am

no la...that is from my friend. What i am comparing is the recent case where i had
fore go RM4.5k (waive 3 mths rental and return the security depo) so that my nasty
tenant can leave my unit peacefully. I don't wanna get those shocks experience by
my friend.
hunter
Studio

Postby Venus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 am

Sometimes luck counts. Sigh.
I usually chase the tenants after 3rd or 4th of each month. Keep chasing.
Got to put in the tenancy agreement stated that the 2-month security deposit is used for house maintenance. The tenant got to pay the 2-mth rental if they want to stop the tenancy. If the house is in good shape, then will return the deposit.

Sometimes, I'll go to peep the house. Very sik lik.. :cry:
Venus
Studio

Postby keching$$$ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:38 am

at the end of the day, can put a lot of things in the tenancy agreement but if the nasty tenant refuses or cant pay and dont want to move either so macam mana?
So sure they sign the tenancy agreement but in the end they have no qualms about breaking the terms so macam mana?

there is no one best way to get rid of nasty tenants really..

best is to screen tenants very very carefully -

for me, I dont like the mannerism or face of the potential tenant, i wont rent ..if i see the person wear shoes without socks, i wont rent either esp if he claims to be professional, will check background whether gainfully employed or not, and also ask for details where they are currently renting etc..

what to do, once bitten twice shy... :think:
keching$$$
Semi-D
Semi-D

Postby luk7 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:41 am

The owner has long been in an argument with the tenant. The tenant default payments for 3 months
and never answer calls. The owner send harsh sms and threaten to lock the unit. Then the tenant

The best part came .....after 3 days the owner went to his unit and found out that the main door was unlock.
At first, everything seems okay, the living room, the dining hall all okay but when he visited the washroom

What happened was all the toilet bowls, sinks and drain in the kitchen and washroom was filled with cement...goshhhh!!!

all these horror stories sometimes reminds us to be nice to tenants, also sometimes it doesnt pay to let your unit out. like some ttkttttttt here, just leave units empty and collect dust... ;)
luk7
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby Joshua » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 pm

rent it to those office workers....go to the office to embarrass them daily till they paid.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joshua
Condo
Condo

Postby hunter » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:27 pm

luk7 wrote:all these horror stories sometimes reminds us to be nice to tenants, also sometimes it doesnt pay to let your unit out. like some ttkttttttt here, just leave units empty and collect dust... ;)

unfortunately, not all of us can have that kind of luxury to keep servicing the bank loan while collecting dust as return :(
hunter
Studio

Postby Roy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:30 pm

luk7 wrote:

all these horror stories sometimes reminds us to be nice to tenants, also sometimes it doesnt pay to let your unit out. like some ttkttttttt here, just leave units empty and collect dust... ;)

If too nice also they will take advantage. Better to be firm and respectfull
Roy
Villa
Villa

Postby Lucerne » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:01 pm

i prefer to rent out condo with access card (for each floor) so i can terminate the access card if tenant dont pay rent.
even they follow other occupants to enter the lift they cant press the button wihtout card.
stair access also not possible coz they cant enter from outside.

they may ask security for help, but how many times? they will feel embarassed.
Lucerne
Studio

Postby pixie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:45 am

Dear taiko taiche... Have problem with first floor tenant of our shoplot. Recently we found out that they have been carrying out vice activity at our unit. This unit was rented out on the understanding and pretext that its to be used as office in the past 2 months. We have gotten the agent to speak to tenant and get them to remove all their equipment and move out the premise after which we will return all their deposit but to no avail. Infact, they have countered offered with higher rental and threaten the agent. We are contemplating if making a police report is the next way forward if we can't settle this amicably and they continue to be recalcitrant, yet we fear for safety of the agent and our family.Really appreciate some advise here... Thanks...
pixie
Studio

PreviousNext

Return to General Property Investment Topics