From propertyWTF.com.my

propertyWTF™

WTF?™ Property, What-When-Where To Find?™ - Malaysia's First & Pioneering PROPERTY-DEALS FORUM!

Pudu Sentral (ex-puduraya) - Urban Transformation Center

KLCC, Bukit Bintang, Ceylon, Sultan Ismail, U-Thant, Jalan Ampang Embassy Row, Jalan Tun Razak..

Pudu Sentral (ex-puduraya) - Urban Transformation Center

Postby EMYGHT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:07 am

22 September 2012 | last updated at 11:30AM

Pudu Sentral known now as Kuala Lumpur UTC Building

KUALA LUMPUR -- Pudu Sentral, previously known as Puduraya, is to be known now as the Kuala Lumpur UTC Building after Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak launched the Urban Transformation Centre (UTC) there today.

The four-storey building, which is the second UTC in the country after the first one in Melaka, houses 39 government departments and commercial offices, a youth development and activity centre, a local products sales area and an activity centre for non-governmental organisations.
Najib had launched the first UTC in Jalan Hang Tuah, Melaka, in June. That UTC houses 70 government agencies, commercial offices and NGO premises.

A UTC is a one-stop centre established by the government under the Urban Transformation Programme to facilitate access by the urban population to services provided by government agencies, commercial houses and NGOs under one roof.

An urban dweller can visit a UTC to, for example, attend to matters pertaining to taxes or tithes and identity card or engage in recreational activities such as wall climbing, aerobics or futsal.

In conjunction with the launch of the Kuala Lumpur UTC, the prime minister also launched a 1Malaysia Book Shop on the first floor of the building.

More than 10,000 people thronged the hitherto Pudu Sentral to witness the launch of the UTC.

Also present were Federal Territories and Urban Well-being Minister Datuk Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah and Kuala Lumpur Mayor Datuk Ahmad Phesal Talib.

-- BERNAMA

Read more: Pudu Sentral known now as Kuala Lumpur UTC Building - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/pudu-sentr ... -1.147014##ixzz27JFKKSVg

extract from sinchew abt the planned govt service centers..
Pudu.Redevelopment.jpg
facebook me instead of PMs, 10QVM.. http://www.facebook.com/emyght
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Pudu Sentral (ex-puduraya) - Urban Transformation Center

Postby EMYGHT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 am

1. the bus services will continue to run its operations below, but majority of the traffic has been diverted to bandar tasik permaisuri terminal, and bukit jalil transit..

2. govt services counters are expected to drive anor form of traffic to this building between the old and new KL.. just like the pusat bandar damansara..

3. revival of plaza rakyat? abandoned since the 97-crisis along with wembley ind.. this project comprises 3 buildings, the then tallest opis tower @ 79-sty, and anor 2 blocks, 49-sty condo & 21-sty hotel respectively..

4. menara warisan merdeka is nearby, the new 100-sty building, will it take precedence with the impending plaza rakyat eyesore that needs more attention for its revival..?

5. puduraya bus station, being renamed as pudu "sentral".. the use of sentral is a more resolute transformation action.. as is, the plaza rakyat lrt station is already in operations..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby butthead » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:57 am

relocated bus station, then go add this.....no change to traffic congestion....

can't understand why can't they locate this at outskirt of KL centre to reduce traffic congestion..... :consored:
butthead
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby EMYGHT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:59 am

butthead wrote:relocated bus station, then go add this.....no change to traffic congestion....

can't understand why can't they locate this at outskirt of KL centre to reduce traffic congestion..... :consored:

think the idea is to incorporate the convenience of public transport to public services departments.. i think ppl will be forced to use the lrt coz of the carpark constraints.. only pockets of private land available for public carpark..
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby alexL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:10 pm

This bloody UTC launch caused massive traffic jams the 2-3 days prior to the launch. Agreed, they should tackle plaza rakyat b4 the menara warisan. The lrt station is named plaza rakyat but it is still dead till today ...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" Leonardo da Vinci
alexL
Semi-D
Semi-D

Postby butthead » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:53 pm

They are rushing to launch so many developments to give the impression they are doing a lot for malaysia. But they are cramming everything to be launch within 6 mths period. :mrgreen:

Like chinese saying "Need to shit then only dig hole".....end up shit in pants lah....ahhaahaha :lol:
butthead
Super-Link
Super-Link

Postby kochin » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:29 pm

i'm more concern in terms of the sheer number of initiatives and projects launched by the federal government at this juncture of their term.
Any views/opinions presented in this forum are solely those of the author and do not necessarily representative of others. The author will not accept any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of the information here.
kochin
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby andrewlee247 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:00 pm

I think the demanding is still there lo...
andrewlee247
Terrace
Terrace

Postby EMYGHT » Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 am

shops opposite pudu sentral, small footprint of 20x60 ft only, 2-sty, dilapidated, now asking 4 mil.. it was transacted @ 2.2 mil as at the time of this thread was created..

kwangtung association building, 6-adj lots have been converted to hotel 99 wif hailam kopitiam below it.. old is gold now..?
EMYGHT
Zero-Lot Bungalow
Zero-Lot Bungalow

Postby Mike88 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:32 pm

You still able to get Sri Emas Condo nearby at range of RM500PSF with rental returns of around 5-6%. Potential high capital appreciation once Plaza Rakyat, Merdeka Towers & BBCC are ready. I bought two units there in year 2011 at price tag of RM320PSF.
Mike88
Studio

Next

Return to Central KL & Golden Triangle